For children, losing a tooth is an exciting sign of growing up; but as an adult, losing a tooth is a reason for concern. Tooth decay, aging, or injuries are some of the problems that may lead to tooth loss in adults. Spaces left by missing teeth are unattractive and unhealthy for the rest of the teeth in the mouth. When gaps are present in the mouth, the integrity of the jawbone can be compromised and bone loss can occur. At his Nashville cosmetic dentistry practice, Dr. Clint Newman offers his patients implant-supported dentures to replace missing teeth.
For some of our Nashville patients, dentures seem like an inconvenient solution for missing teeth. They are most likely thinking of traditional dentures that need to be removed for cleaning and may not fit comfortably in the mouth. Dr. Clint Newman takes advantage of the latest advances in dental technology to offer his patients in Nashville dental implants as an anchor for permanent dentures. Ideal candidates for dental implants are patients who have healthy gums and enough bone to support the implant.
Surgery is required to place dental implants into the jawbone. Before we are able to place permanent dentures onto the implants, the implant will need to fuse to the bone. This healing process can take up to four months. Another minor treatment is required to attach a post to the dental implant. This post protrudes above the gum line and will secure the permanent dentures to the gums and jawbone. Placing dental implants is a lengthy procedure but the permanent results will be well worth the effort.
Benefits of Implant-supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures are often recommended to patients because they offer several benefits over traditional dentures.
- Patients with permanent dentures can avoid embarrassing social situations; dentures that click while speaking, slip out of place, and need to be removed for cleaning will be a thing of the past.
- Dental implants last a lifetime so even if your dentures become damaged, you will never need to repeat the oral surgery stage of the the implant procedure.
- Implant supported dentures are the closest replication of your natural teeth because they replace the tooth and the root.
- Implant-supported dentures function well and allow patients to avoid food restrictions that are usually recommended with traditional dentures.
- Patients with implant-supported dentures can avoid the need for partial denture clasps, which are unattractive and can cause damage to opposing teeth
- Dental implants have an excellent success rate; more than 90 percent of patients are satisfied with the results.
Implant-supported dentures are a comfortable, attractive, and reliable solution for tooth loss. Dr. Newman can let you know if you are a candidate for implant-supported dentures.
Schedule an Appointment
Dr. Clint Newman offers top quality dental care to his Nashville patients. If you have suffered tooth loss, Dr. Newman can let you know about the options available to replace those teeth and maintain the structure of your mouth. Schedule an appointment today to see how we can help. We want to give you a smile you will be proud of.