The Different Types and Brands of Porcelain Veneers
One of the most popular and versatile treatment options for effective cosmetic dentistry is the use of porcelain veneers. By using porcelain veneers, dentists are able to help patients who suffer from the following aesthetic dental problems:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Stained teeth
- Tooth gaps
- Crooked teeth
- Uneven teeth
There are different kinds of porcelain veneers out there, so we'd like to take this opportunity to look into these matters so you understand what to expect from treatment.
What are porcelain veneers?
First things first, let's cover the basics.
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of dental ceramic that are fixed to the front portions of the teeth to mask cosmetic imperfections. These porcelain veneers blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile and look just like your normal teeth under artificial light, moonlight, and daylight.
Ideal Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
The best candidates for porcelain veneers are people who suffer from the aesthetic dental problems listed above and are in otherwise good dental health. More serious issues with dental health will be better addressed through restorative care or orthodontic treatment.
Types of Porcelain Veneers
There are many different varieties of porcelain veneers out there. Let's take a look at some basic types of veneers based on their composition:
- Composite Material Veneers - These kinds of dental veneers are sculpted and placed in the same dental visit. They are made of composite resin material.
- Pressed Ceramic Veneers - These kinds of dental veneers are made of a molten porcelain that is pressed and formed in a mold.
- Feldspathic (Stacked) Ceramic Veneers - These kinds of dental veneers are crafted by skilled ceramacists from dental porcelain.
- Leucite Reinforced Pressed Ceramic Veneers - These kinds of dental veneers are similar to pressed veneers with leucite added to the porcelain for added durability.
- Lithium Disilicate Veneers - This is one of the newest dental veneers out there now. The material can be pressed or milled by ceramacists as needed.
Brands of Porcelain Veneers
A cosmetic dentist has many choices when it comes to the brand of porcelain veneers that can be used on a patient. Some of the most well-known porcelain veneer brands include:
Are certain types of porcelain veneers better than others?
Yes and no. The overall quality of the porcelain veneer is based on the composition and materials. In general, the composite material dental veneers are not as strong or effective as other kinds of pressed or crafted porcelain veneers. The quality of the brands will vary based on a number of factors, the most important one being the needs of the patient.
During the consultation process, you can actually discuss these matters in much greater detail.
Which kind of porcelain veneers are right for me?
There's actually no one right answer for this, and in come cases patients will benefit from a porcelain veneer alternative. That's why it's so important to meet with a skilled dentist for a full smile makeover consultation. You can learn about all of your treatment options and then make the decision that's right for you and your needs.
Learn More About Porcelain Dental Veneers
For more information about porcelain veneers and what they can achieve for you and your needs, be sure to contact our Nashville dental care center today. We look forward to meeting you in person and helping you achieve the best possible dental wellness.