For more than 10 years, Nashville cosmetic dentist Clint Newman has provided top quality dental care to patients that reside in the Green Hills area of the city. Dr. Newman works with our patients to formulate oral health care and treatment plans that address their unique dental needs and improve overall health. We employ use of advanced diagnostic equipment, which allows us to detect tooth decay and other dental problems in their earliest stages; if problems are identified, we utilize natural looking dental restorations that make them virtually indistinguishable from the patient's real teeth.
In addition to general and restorative dentistry services that are designed to maintain or rehabilitate the health of your teeth, gums, and jawbone structure, we offer comprehensive cosmetic dentistry care to our patients. Dr. Newman has the extensive experience and artistic eye that is requisite of any cosmetic specialist. If you are in good oral health, but you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, you may be an excellent candidate for a smile makeover. The smile makeover services that we offer include:
- Porcelain Veneers: Patients and dentists favor porcelain veneers due to their ability to correct various dental problems with just one treatment. Veneers can mask dental imperfections such as gaps, chips, cracks, discolorations, asymmetry, misalignment, and small or misshapen teeth. They consist of a thin, tooth-shaped shell of porcelain that is bonded to the tooth.
- Dental Bonding: Like veneers, bonding hides dental flaws. For our patients in Nashville, porcelain veneers are used in more extensive treatment plans, while dental bonding is used for minor problems. During the bonding treatment, a durable, tooth-colored solution is applied to the teeth to cover stains, close gaps, or fill in chips.
- Dental Crowns: Like porcelain veneers, dental crowns can be used to mask cosmetic flaws such as gapped, chipped, cracked, discolored, and misshaped teeth. Crowns also offer an additional benefit: they provide strength and support to teeth that have suffered structural damage as a result of tooth decay or injury.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is one of the most common smile makeover treatments. We offer the Opalescence® Take-Home Whitening Gels kit, which offers dramatic whitening results for our patients. The peroxide gel is applied to mouth trays, which are then worn by the patient for one hour. This process is repeated until patients achieve desired whitening results.
- Tooth-colored Fillings: Many patients are choosing to have their old metal fillings replaced with tooth-colored materials. Silver amalgam fillings played an important role for decades, as they sufficiently filled teeth that had been permanently damaged by tooth decay. With the development of tooth-colored fillings, metal fillings have quickly fallen out of favor. Their silver appearance makes dental work obvious, leading some patients to feel self conscious about exposing their teeth when talking, smiling, or laughing. Fortunately, these patients can have their metal fillings replaced with tooth-colored materials that blend in seamlessly with the natural teeth.