It is important for Nashville patients to find a family dentistry practice that offers a range of services that can address the needs of patients of all ages. Family dentists offer an array of services, including routine dental exams, professional cleaning, and cosmetic and restorative dentistry treatments. At the family dentistry practice of cosmetic dentist Clint Newman, the following services are offered.
- Routine exams: Family dentists offer routine services such as professional cleanings, x-rays, and dental fillings. During regular dental appointments, patients will undergo a complete visual exam and x-rays; this allows the dentist to diagnose any problems with your teeth and gums. A thorough cleaning will also be performed to remove any built up plaque on the teeth, in between the teeth, and along the gum line.
- Teeth whitening: If your teeth have become discolored, a dentist can determine if teeth whitening is the appropriate treatment option. Many dentists offer in-office treatments that will leave your teeth whiter with one treatment, or patients can use a product that is applied at home. Professional teeth whitening products that are offered by a certified dentist will produce better results than the whitening systems bought in drug stores.
- Dental bonding: This simple procedure can be done in a single visit, and involves the application of a strong, enamel-like material to the surface of teeth that have been cracked, chipped, or stained. Bonding can also be used to fill in gaps between the teeth.
- Dental crowns: A casing that covers the entire tooth, dental crowns are used to restore teeth to their natural shape and size. Dental crowns protect and strengthen the teeth more than many other types of dental work, such as filings, inlays, and onlays. These restorations can be made of several different materials, but porcelain is the most popular and natural looking. Porcelain crowns are durable and will last for many years.
- Dental veneers: Veneers are a cosmetic solution that will improve the appearance of your teeth. They are ideal for teeth that are chipped, discolored, or unevenly spaced. Veneers are best suited to patients whose teeth are healthy and only require cosmetic improvement.
- Tooth reshaping: This procedure involves removing part of the enamel to improve the natural appearance of the tooth. Tooth reshaping can be used to repair a small chip, shorten the tooth, or to shape a tooth. Tooth reshaping is often combined with the placement of veneers, crowns, or dental bonding material.
- Dental bridges: Dental bridges, or pontics, are false teeth that are fused between porcelain crowns or anchored by dental implants and are used to fill in missing teeth. Bridges can fix bite issues, make it easier to eat, improve speech, and address the aesthetic problems caused by missing teeth.
Learn More about General Family Dentistry
When you are searching for a new family dentist, it is important to determine whether the scope of services offered is right for you. Dr. Newman offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry services to meet the needs of all patients. Contact Clint Newman, D.D.S., for more information.
Related to This