Opalesence® Take-Home Whitening Kit
If you are embarrassed by dental discoloration, whitening toothpaste and over-the-counter whitening strips may not be sufficient to obtain a truly dazzling smile. While whitening toothpaste can be a great way to maintain white teeth, it is typically not powerful enough to eliminate deep-seated stains in your dental enamel. Additionally, do-it-yourself whitening can be very harsh on your sensitive gum tissue. Fortunately, at our Nashville practice, we offer Opalescence® Teeth Whitening, which provides stunning results, yet is gentle and safe on your oral tissues
How Opalescence® Whitening Trays Work
When you choose Opalescence® treatment, Dr. Clint Newman, DDS
will provide you with custom-created whitening trays. You will fill the trays with specially developed peroxide-based whitening gel, and you will typically wear the trays for 30 minutes a day for several weeks. If you have a busy schedule, you can also choose an overnight option for greater convenience. As the gel comes in contact with your teeth, the peroxide molecules permeate your dental enamel. Then oxygen molecules break apart the chemical bonds that hold dental stains together. As you continue treatment, the oxygen molecules will spread across your teeth, resulting in a beautiful, white smile.
Benefits of Opalescence® Trays
With so many treatments available in cosmetic dentistry, there are a number of reasons to consider Opalescence® whitening:
- It is effective: Dentists and patients agree: Opalescence® produces stunning results. With as little as 30 minutes of whitening a day, you could enjoy a smile that is up to eight shades lighter.
- It helps protect your oral health: Opalescence® whitening gel contains fluoride, which helps to strengthen the enamel on your teeth and protect against future discoloration.
- It is a great option if you suffer from dental sensitivity: The gel also contains potassium nitrate, which helps to minimize oral sensitivity. Together, the fluoride and potassium nitrate provide truly comprehensive protection for your dental wellness.
- It is convenient: You can wear your trays when and where it is expedient for you.
- It is personalized: The gel comes in four different concentrations, and the dentist will help you select the optimal strength, based on your oral sensitivity and the severity of your dental stains. You can also choose from three different flavors - mint, melon, and regular. Opalescence® is customized teeth whitening treatment at its finest.
How to Maintain Your Whiter Smile
While Opalescence® provides outstanding results, you will need to take good care of your teeth to extend the results of your whitening treatment. Among other things, you should:
- Brush at least two times a day and floss at least once.
- Rinse your mouth out with water after eating.
- Avoid stain-producing foods and drinks like black tea, coffee, wine, berries, and tomatoes.
- Avoid acidic foods like vinegar, citrus, and sodas. Acid can erode your dental enamel, exposing the underlying dentin, which is not as white as enamel. This erosion also makes your teeth more susceptible to decay and cavities.
- Do not smoke. This is one of the most notorious causes of dental discoloration.
- Opalescence® toothbrushes and toothpastes are specifically designed to maintain your smile after whitening. Using them on a daily basis can extend the results of your treatment.
- Seek touch-ups on a regular basis, as instructed by Dr. Newman.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are embarrassed by your smile and yearn for whiter, sparkling teeth, Opalescence® may be the treatment you’ve been waiting for. To learn more about this whitening option and to find out if it is right for you, contact our office today. Our friendly staff will be happy to book your appointment with Dr. Clint Newman.
Related to This