Dr. Thomas Underwood has joined Dr. Clint Newman to offer even more value to Dr. Newman’s dedicated Nashville, TN, clientele. A Tennessee native, Dr. Thomas Underwood, DDS is the Founder of Interfaith Dental Clinic. He has spent decades providing dental care to those in need all around the globe. During his mission work, Dr. Underwood traveled to Israel, Zambia, Jamaica, Honduras, and Kenya to provide oral health care to those in need. He has been in private practice since 1971, spending 6 months completing an Externship with the Tennessee Public Health organization.
Dr. Underwood has taken advantage of the opportunities provided to him to create a new model for affordable dental care.
Dr. Underwood is one of the most experienced dental professionals working in Nashville. As a Chairman and Lifetime Board Member of the Board Of Trustees of I.F.D.C, Dr. Underwood has taken advantage of the opportunities provided to him to create a new model for affordable dental care. His efforts lead him to work with state legislators and TennCare to create a dental care model that is used by almost 1,000 dental practices state wide. This program has even been recognized nationally as a model program for other states according to Interfaithdentalclinic.com
“Dr. Underwood always makes me feel comfortable with his caring manner. I first went to him 30+ years ago when another dentist said I needed extensive crown work. Dr. Underwood suggested that it be done over many years, which worked out fine and saved me lots of pain and expense at one time. He will level with you and realistically assess what needs to be done.” –Richard B.
Awards and Honors
- T.D.A. Fellowship Award
- Fellow American College of Dentists
- Fellow International College of Dentists
- Tennessee Academy of General Dentistry Dentist of the Year
- Tennessee Academy of General Dentistry 1998 Recipient Of Sig. Greenwald Humanitarian Service Award
- ADA Humanitarian Award 2008 -1st Recipient of this Award
- Presenter at the Healthy People 2010 Conference in Washington DC
- ADA 2010 Medicaid Symposium Presentation on TennCare Dental Program as a National Model
- TDA Jack Wells Dedication to Dentistry Award 2010 (TDA’s most prestigious award)
- ADA Annual Meeting 2013 Presentation “Medicaid Managed Care Models”
- Lipscomb University – B.A. Chemistry Biology
- University of Tennessee Dental School – D.D.S.
- Vanderbilt’s Peabody College – MA Tooth Implantation In Rhesus Monkeys
Memberships in Societies and Organizations
- Nashville Dental Society
- Tennessee Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Green Hills Study Club
- Hillsboro Study Club
Contact Us Today
You and your family deserve advanced care performed by a truly compassionate and experienced dentist. Contact our practice online or call us at (615) 385-3507 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Underwood.