A smile makeover is a custom combination of cosmetic dentistry treatments designed to give you a smile that helps you look and feel your absolute best. One of Dr. Clint Newman’s makeovers can change virtually anything about a person’s smile in order to improve its appearance. Each smile makeover performed at our Nashville, TN, office has proven incredibly successful, leaving patients more pleased than ever with their smiles.
The Smile Design Stage
A smile makeover has the power to transform your appearance and improve your confidence, but it all starts with a conversation with Dr. Newman.
During the smile design stage of a smile makeover with Dr. Newman, a thorough examination of your teeth and gums will be performed to assess your oral health. A treatment plan will be developed based on your oral health needs and desired results. During your consultation, Dr. Newman will explain available cosmetic and restorative dental procedures to you, as well as look at smile makeover before and afters, so you can work together to devise a treatment plan.
When your smile makeover is in the design stages, you should consider all aspects you would like to improve. A smile makeover can deal with such issues as cracked teeth, discoloration, uneven teeth, gaps between teeth, and the replacement of missing teeth.
Are You a Candidate?
Anyone in generally good health who wishes to improve his or her smile is a candidate for a smile makeover. If smiling or laughing makes you uncomfortable or if you have difficulty speaking or eating due to the arrangement or alignment of your teeth, have unpleasant gaps, fillings, cracks, or stains, or are simply interested in making some changes to your smile, you could be a candidate for a smile makeover. Once a treatment plan has been set between you and Dr. Newman, you can decide whether you would like your entire makeover to be completed at once, or if you would rather have the treatments spread out over time.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
Patients who undergo a smile makeover experience a number of advantages.
The color of the teeth can be improved by replacing silver fillings with natural, tooth-colored composites and by utilizing whitening techniques. Porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, bonding, and implants can all be used to enhance coloring as well.
- Crooked, overlapping, or gapped teeth can be aligned with orthodontics, Invisalign, or improved with porcelain veneers.
- Missing teeth can negatively affect your bite and cause decay, making tooth replacement a vital aspect of oral health. Missing teeth can be replaced by implants, bridges, or partial dentures.
- Broken or cracked teeth can be bonded to regain harmony and balance in the aesthetics of the face.
- As teeth age and experience wear and tear, they often become shorter. Longer teeth can be added to your smile makeover with bonding or veneers to create a youthful look.
- “Gummy” smiles and uneven gum lines can be tailored to the match the desired look of any patient.
A smile makeover has the power to transform your appearance and improve your confidence. It all starts with a conversation with Dr. Newman.