Advantages of Dental Implants
Two of the most obvious benefits to dental implants include the hygienic and cosmetic improvements that can be made for someone who is missing teeth. However, there are many other advantages to the procedure.
- Dental implants are such close replicas of natural teeth that eating habits won’t need to be changed.
- The feel, function, and appearance of implant teeth are almost exact to those of natural teeth.
- Implant teeth are not bonded or attached to other teeth.
- Because the stimulation of the jawbone from chewing is transferred to the dental implants, they are known to prevent bone loss.
- Providing a strong foundation for new teeth, implants help patients experience improved chewing ability and give them the ability to eat without worrying about loose dentures.
- Enunciation and phonetic aptitude is vastly improved by dental implants.
- The long-term success rate of dental implants is close to 100%
- Function just as the natural teeth, meaning there are no diet restrictions
- Artificial teeth that can be cleaned and cared for just as the natural teeth
Because the titanium implant posts are surgically placed in the jawbone, they provide the most durable, stable, and long-lasting support for dental restorations currently available.
Understanding the Procedure
Dr. Newman’s procedure for dental implants begins with inviting his patients to the Nashville office for an extensive and informational consultation. After examining the health of your teeth, gums, and bones, Dr. Newman will establish the most appropriate course of action for your treatment. You will be given plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the procedure and ensure that you are as prepared as possible for the treatment. Sedation is available upon request for your comfort.